Strategy audit reduxPosted: October 25, 2011
- Will your strategy beat the market?
- Does your strategy tap a true source of advantage?
- Is your strategy granular about where to compete?
- Does your strategy put you ahead of trends?
- Does your strategy rest on privileged insights?
- Does your strategy embrace uncertainty?
- Does your strategy balance commitment and flexibility?
- Is your strategy contaminated by bias?
- Is there a conviction to act on your strategy?
- Have you translated your strategy in an action plan?
So, I sorta see the point of “audits” like this, though am skeptical about whether strategies, in radically uncertain environments, can meaningfully be assessed ex ante with questions like this.
Nonetheless, the whole strategy audit thing is an interesting concept (trend/fad?) that many people appear to be thinking about. For example, the Strategic Management Society is considering a strategy certfication (here are some skeptical thoughts and discussion on that).